What time does the festival shut on Saturday

BBBS

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
What time does the festival shut on Saturday 20 July 2009 18:05 (permalink)
Ok, I understand that the last band on the main stage will finish at about 11:30, but what will stay open after that? Is the cinema and other stuff on the actual campsite, or can I continue getting slowly smashed at the festival itself?

I ask because it affects whether I stay in a hotel or simply stay up all night.

Thanks in advance :)

Damicksta2k

• Total Posts : 13465
    RE: What time does the festival shut on Saturday 20 July 2009 18:25 (permalink)
    I'm assuming you have a day ticket here, you can stay definately on in the cinema tent afterwards (it's just the big screens in the Lock Up tent), you can probably get into the campsite entertainment (silent disco, bars, whatever discos are on, fairground rides etc), as long as you don't try and camp nobody will be ****ed off at you.  Campsite entertainment can last 'til 5-6am so to be honest i'd just stay up all night then get the first shuttle bus back into Leeds!

Leeds '05/7/8/9/10 | Reading '06 | T in the Park '07 | Pinkpop '07 | Sweden Rock '07/8/9/13 | Sonisphere '09 | Glastonbury '10 | Download '11 | Bloodstock '13

BBBS

RE: What time does the festival shut on Saturday 20 July 2009 18:39 (permalink)
      Brilliant! Looks like I'm getting trolleyed and getting the first train in the morning :D

dunny

• Total Posts : 209
        RE: What time does the festival shut on Saturday 20 July 2009 18:57 (permalink)
        I think its says somewhere on the leeds main site that you have to have left the site by 11am the next morning

BBBS

RE: What time does the festival shut on Saturday 20 July 2009 20:32 (permalink)
          Maybe I could cunningly avoid security for an hour or so and get me some free Kings of Leon >:3

ThatJeBENd

• Total Posts : 160
            RE: What time does the festival shut on Saturday 23 July 2009 18:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: BBBS

Maybe I could cunningly avoid security for an hour or so and get me some free Kings of Leon >:3

You'd be avoiding them for alot more than an hour. Kings Of Leon are on last on sunday?

webby321

• Total Posts : 13
              RE: What time does the festival shut on Saturday 18 August 2009 15:48 (permalink)
              its easy really my friend cums wi us every year wi a day ticket and stay for full weekend just gotta get friend to slip there band of for you
              but if your gunna be walking around a day band where a jumper or coat in the campsite no one will stop u or owt

elmicker

• Total Posts : 20
                RE: What time does the festival shut on Saturday 19 August 2009 01:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: webby321
                but if your gunna be walking around a day band where a jumper or coat in the campsite no one will stop u or owt

Wouldnt be so quick to say that. There were about a dozen pairs of CATs dotted around the place last year, especially near blue/white doing exactly that after a load of people hopped the fence without tickets.

Darksun

• Total Posts : 7612
                  RE: What time does the festival shut on Saturday 19 August 2009 12:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: BBBS

You can't stay in the arena after everything finishes (about 3AM), and they do wristband checks every time you go in

All Hail the Hypnotoad

tishfish89

• Total Posts : 214
                    RE: What time does the festival shut on Saturday 20 August 2009 11:03 (permalink)

its easy really my friend cums wi us every year wi a day ticket and stay for full weekend just gotta get friend to slip there band of for you

Not exactly fair is it when everyone else has forked out an extra £100 for the whole weekend...

You'd probably get away with sitting in the capsite all weekend but you've not a chance of getting in the arena! lol!
                    2009 Gigs:
                    Prodigy - April 13th
                    Billy Talent - June 10th
                    Leeds Fest - Aug 26th-31st
                    Billy Talent - Oct 19th
                    Green Day - Oct 26th
                    Muse - Nov 4th

In a Perfect World, i'd see no therapist!

JWarren

• Total Posts : 471
                      RE: What time does the festival shut on Saturday 20 August 2009 14:08 (permalink)

Oh my god my eyes. Grammar aside thats possibly the worst thing i've heard today. Not only is it completely unfair and disrespectful but it sounds like the kind of thing a chav would do, and I HATE chavs. I label people like that "scum"

joesthing2004

• Total Posts : 95
                        RE: What time does the festival shut on Saturday 22 August 2009 00:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: JWarren

Oh my god my eyes. Grammar aside thats possibly the worst thing i've heard today. Not only is it completely unfair and disrespectful but it sounds like the kind of thing a chav would do, and I HATE chavs. I label people like that "scum"

only if you were God....
                        first year at leeds fest (08)
                        second year at leeds (09)

joe b

• Total Posts : 561
                          RE: What time does the festival shut on Saturday 25 August 2009 20:17 (permalink)
                          jeez can we get a IQ test for rights to post on the forum?

i nominate BBBS and webby321 to be first in line.

'get a mate to slip you their wristband'

ya but end of the day you've only got one so your mate will have to be a total dunce

BBBS deserves this critism for the king of leon comment.

end of the day you ain't getting all weekend on a day ticket, deal with it and stop thinking, it hurts to read.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                            • Read Message
                            • Post New Thread
                            • Reply to message
                            • Post New Poll
                            • Submit Vote
                            • Post reward post
                            • Delete my own posts
                            • Delete my own threads
                            • Rate post

If you find a bad forum post or account name that violates the Forums Code Of Conduct, you can report it here
                            2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9