I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp?

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 57 of 57
JaHawk2009

• Total Posts : 174
  • Reward points : 0
Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 07 June 2011 20:10 (permalink)
So I'm getting my GCSE results on the morning of the 25th this year. I'm from Manchester and will be getting a National Express coach immediately after my results. Will I be able to get a decent spot for myself and a few of my mates?

sweetaslemons

• Total Posts : 25
    Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 08 June 2011 14:02 (permalink)
    JaHawk2009

So I'm getting my GCSE results on the morning of the 25th this year. I'm from Manchester and will be getting a National Express coach immediately after my results. Will I be able to get a decent spot for myself and a few of my mates?

See the original post:
    Thursday Morning - Afternoon (3am - 2pm) 
    By morning (9-10am) yellow bubble will still have limited spaces for 1-2 man tents. There probably won't be enough room for you to set up a proper camp circle, it will be a case of squeezing into the patches that have been left. By late afternoon (around 2-3pm) yellow bubble should be completely full. 
    white village is the smallest of all campsite's so will fill up quickly, and much like yellow should have no space left by mid afternoon. 
    blue valley will also be completely full by Thursday night. 
    there will still be space in redorangegreenbrown 
    all day Thursday, and it will fill up in stages, naturally red space will be limited by Thursday evening as this is where everyone not arriving on a shuttle bus/taxi/coach will be dropped off, it will take longer to fill up this year as the size has been increased. 

cmstuttsx

• Total Posts : 23
      Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 13 July 2011 09:03 (permalink)
      So if you're getting dropped off by parents, can you get dropped off at the Yellow gate where the shuttle bus stops or at the Red gate?

Sorry if I've posted this question in the wrong thread :')
      <message edited by cmstuttsx on 13 July 2011 09:17>
      Some  people  believe  in  God ,  I  believe  in  music .  Some  people  pray ,  I  turn  up  the  radio .

francescarosegreen

• Total Posts : 1165
        Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 29 July 2011 18:17 (permalink)
        Last year drop off was at orange gate behind the carpark. Might I add in 2010 Orange was full by Wednesday afternoon. 
        <message edited by francescarosegreen on 29 July 2011 18:19>

Just a cage of rib bones, and other various parts.

Hazel

• Total Posts : 20128
          Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 29 July 2011 18:24 (permalink)
          cmstuttsx

So if you're getting dropped off by parents, can you get dropped off at the Yellow gate where the shuttle bus stops or at the Red gate?

Sorry if I've posted this question in the wrong thread :')

Im sure you can get dropped off at yellow. You might have to go around a different route to the shuttles/coaches, but theres deffo a little drop off point.
          <message edited by Hazel on 29 July 2011 18:27>

O_Brizzle

• Total Posts : 21
            Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 07 August 2011 15:57 (permalink)
            JaHawk2009

I'm doing the exact same thing! coach at 2:30pm from manchester. I best have good results, otherwise I will just be gutted the whole of leeds, or leeds will cheer me up! haha
            Paramore '09, '10
            Biffy clyro '10
            vampire weekend '10
            MCR '11
            LEEDS 2011

The Miz

• Total Posts : 1
              Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 12 August 2011 21:38 (permalink)
              Hi guys, this is my first Leeds Festival and I seen on the weekend ticket it says no entry before 3am Thursday. Does that mean I can come anytime during the day Thursday or is it Friday morning at 3am people will weekend tickets can get through?
              <message edited by The Miz on 12 August 2011 21:43>

asheerdrop

• Total Posts : 1241
                Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 12 August 2011 21:50 (permalink)
                It means from 3am ON thursday, so all day Thursday and the rest of the weekend :)
                Hiya, I'm Bethan.

Leeds '09-'12; 2000 Trees '13; Bloodstock '13; ArcTanGent '13; Damnation '13

poopbutt

• Total Posts : 203
                  Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 23 August 2011 15:52 (permalink)
                  How long will it take to get into leeds fest if i arrive 10am on the wednesday?

Damicksta2k

• Total Posts : 13465
                    Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 23 August 2011 16:19 (permalink)
                    At 10am you'll probably be able to get straight in, the site itself usually opens around 3-4am.

Leeds '05/7/8/9/10 | Reading '06 | T in the Park '07 | Pinkpop '07 | Sweden Rock '07/8/9/13 | Sonisphere '09 | Glastonbury '10 | Download '11 | Bloodstock '13

Fluff

• Total Posts : 29
                      Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 23 August 2011 19:01 (permalink)
                      Damicksta2k

At 10am you'll probably be able to get straight in, the site itself usually opens around 3-4am.

On the wednesday? So if people arrived wednesday morning would they still be waitin to get onto the campsites until 2pm?

I am Fluff, hear me rooooooaaaar

Damicksta2k

• Total Posts : 13465
                        Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 23 August 2011 19:23 (permalink)
                        Yeah, as much as 2pm is the advertised time for the campsite opening on Wednesday, it often opens in the early hours of the morning.  There's never any way of telling, but if you turn up at 10am there's a good chance you'll get straight in, if not you'll only have a couple of hours wait.

Leeds '05/7/8/9/10 | Reading '06 | T in the Park '07 | Pinkpop '07 | Sweden Rock '07/8/9/13 | Sonisphere '09 | Glastonbury '10 | Download '11 | Bloodstock '13

areyouhopingforamiracle

• Total Posts : 9
                          Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 23 August 2011 23:11 (permalink)
                          how many people typically get early bird tickets? will there be loads of room if i choose to camp in say, orange?

sweetaslemons

• Total Posts : 25
                            Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 24 August 2011 01:48 (permalink)
                            areyouhopingforamiracle, check the first post :)

How long to queue arriving about 10:30am on Thursday?

Prunesquallor

• Total Posts : 3
                              Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 24 August 2011 07:27 (permalink)
                              Earliest can turn up is after 7pm Thursday. Being an old gimmer looking forward to brown, so no probs there! However the attraction of one's own bed on Thursday night and turning up early doors on Friday is strong. Presume brown still not too much of a problem at that time?
                              ALSO dragging a bunch of teenagers (three 15/16 year olds) with us. What will the little dears miss not turning up on Thursday apart from the vibe? And - getting back to thread - what will be left of fun places for them to camp on Friday morning?
                              Thanks - website has been a fantastic help.

FACT: Bought an early bird ticket. Arse.

domdomdom

• Total Posts : 11824
                                Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 24 August 2011 10:38 (permalink)
                                Prunesquallor

Earliest can turn up is after 7pm Thursday. Being an old gimmer looking forward to brown, so no probs there! However the attraction of one's own bed on Thursday night and turning up early doors on Friday is strong. Presume brown still not too much of a problem at that time?
                                ALSO dragging a bunch of teenagers (three 15/16 year olds) with us. What will the little dears miss not turning up on Thursday apart from the vibe? And - getting back to thread - what will be left of fun places for them to camp on Friday morning?
                                Thanks - website has been a fantastic help.

FACT: Bought an early bird ticket. Arse.

If they have one tent they might be able to squeeze in soemwhere, but arriving on the friday I'd likely say theyll also be camping in green or brown. Thursday has a few bands on, all the nightime entertainment is on, so it's decent to wander around and get a gist of whats going on/see what youll be wanting to do later on etc. Also it means you dont have to rush setting up your tent/finding a spot/moving all your stuff frokm your car to be able to see bands. Especially as brown/green is a good 20 minute walk away from the arena.

Prunesquallor

• Total Posts : 3
                                  Re:I'm arriving at [x] time where can I camp? 24 August 2011 15:41 (permalink)
                                  Thanks for the reply. Met a festivalgoer who tells me Friday morning can be the busiest time for arrivals apart from Thursday morning. Supports your advice.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                    Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 57 of 57

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                    • No New Messages
                                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                                    • Read Message
                                    • Post New Thread
                                    • Reply to message
                                    • Post New Poll
                                    • Submit Vote
                                    • Post reward post
                                    • Delete my own posts
                                    • Delete my own threads
                                    • Rate post

If you find a bad forum post or account name that violates the Forums Code Of Conduct, you can report it here
                                    2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9